How to Start a Luxury Real Estate Business
Just 10 years ago, Vivien Yap had a different career and never intended to deal with real estate as a hobby.
Fast forward to today and she is now Western Australia’s number one and most prominent sales agent, while also being on track to become Ray White’s lead agent this year.
In this interview with Ray White Group Performance Manager Tim Snell, Vivien reveals how she was able to rise to the top of Perth’s high-end, luxury market after entering the industry with few connections and a limited understanding of the way to success. .
She also explains how she spearheaded new businesses and marketed properties in a tough market in Western Australia, where prices stagnated for much of a decade.
If you’re looking to become a high-performing agent or break into the industry, this interview will show you exactly the steps you need to take to get there.
“I have a very patient ambition. With a little passion and a little ambition, it will always lead you to success, no matter how you define success. – Vivien Yap
Tim and Vivien also discuss:
- The importance of knowing the different personalities of agents in your area so you can differentiate yourself from the crowd.
- How to win a listing against experienced agents who have established vendor relationships.
- Why understanding the right sales process is key to getting the best outcome for your supplier.
- How to use your agency network to generate more buyers nationwide.
- How a stylist can make a huge difference in your marketing and why it can have a huge impact on the final sale price.
- How to handle the demands of wealthy buyers and sellers while effectively managing your time.
- How analyzing the market and different sales processes can make you the agent of choice.
- The importance of working with Buyer Advocates and Consolidation Agents, and how this can help market properties more effectively.
- How to manage work and family with the time constraints of a top performing real estate agent.